The cost for Trans-solutions’ transportation consulting services are often recouped within a year, if clients implement recommended strategies. Some assignments, like rate negotiation projects, pay for themselves within a few months.
We can work with you on a gainshare, retainer, or project basis.
We accept 100% of the risk. All analysis and negotiation is performed by Trans-solutions at no cost to you. We are paid only if we reach an agreed level of savings. Our compensation is based on a percent of the incremental savings amount. Gainshare agreements can be helpful for companies that do not have a budget for outside transportation consulting and must defend such an investment to management.
Transportation retainer agreements
We allocate a set number of logistics consultant hours per month to be used on your business. If those hours are not used, they roll-over to the next month. The account is reconciled each quarter. Trans-solutions becomes an extension of your organization. We offer an always available expert resource that gives you a transportation management capability equal to your larger competitors. Logistics consultant fees will depend on the extent of the support you need. Under a retainer relationship, we can:
- Negotiate your carrier pricing
- Develop and process RFI’s, RFP’s and RFQ’s
- Implement cost reduction projects
- Model alternate strategies
- Explain new technology and solutions
- Justify capital expenditures
- Determine the right automation for your company
- Create reports to analyze the effectiveness of your freight program
- Monitor cost and service performance
- Ensure you have the best auditing and payment solution
- Calculate real ROIs on proposed projects
Project fees are determined on a project-by-project basis since the scale and scope of assignments vary. After input from you, we will define a clear scope of work and timeline, along with our costs to complete the project.